In this article, we will explain how to go to the Istanbul, one of the most crowded touristic areas in the world, from other close cities. You can use railroad, highway, airway or sea lane in order to get to the most developed city in Turkey, Istanbul.
How to Go To Istanbul?
If you are planning to take an intercity bus trip to get to the Istanbul, you can find direct buses from nearly all the Turkish cities. There are many bus terminals both in European Side, and the Anatolian Side.
In order to arrive in Istanbul via airway, still, there are lots of cities that have direct flights to Istanbul. You can prefer Sabiha Gökçen Airport on the Anatolian Side, Atatürk Airport on the European Side, or the third airport which is still in the building scheme and will be completed soon. After airports, you can use HAVAS or other services to get your specific address easily.
If you are situated inside one of the cities that has a railway connection, you can take a direct train ticket to the touristic capital of Turkey. There are lots of train stops inside of Istanbul.
For the people that want to come to the Istanbul via sea lane, they can just take a ferry or sea bus from Bursa, which was one of the capital cities of Ottoman Empire and has great touristic attractions. So you can visit Bursa, then go to the Istanbul for a lovely trip. Especially in the Summer, it is possible to go to the Istanbul from İzmir directly.
But if you want to take the road by your own car or rented car and have some road fun, I can share some route tips and pieces of information for you.
- From Ankara to Istanbul: Approximately 450 kilometers and takes almost 5 hours and 40 minutes.
- From Izmir to Istanbul: Approximately 565 kilometers and takes almost 8 hours and 15 minutes.
- From Adana to Istanbul: Approximately 930 kilometers and takes almost 11 hours and 10 minutes.
- From Bursa to Istanbul: Approximately 240 kilometers and takes almost 4 hours.
- From Kocaeli to Istanbul: Approximately 125 kilometers and takes almost 2 hours and 10 minutes.
- From Eskisehir to Istanbul: Approximately 325 kilometers and takes almost 3 hours and 40 minutes.